The benefits of press release distribution are numerous. Here are 7 of them.
All businesses can benefit from press release distribution. No matter what industry you’re in and no matter how small or big your company is, you can benefit from press release distribution. Even if you don’t have that “Oprah story”, you do have stories that can get you coverage in trade journals, magazines, blogs, podcasts, and other publications that cover your industry. Of course, you can’t get that publicity unless you tell your story.
Press release distribution is fairly inexpensive. Most companies write their own press releases. The only expense comes with hiring a press release distribution service to get the story in the hands of key media members. But even this is inexpensive, and when compared with paid advertising, press release distribution is almost always the more affordable option.
3. You can boost your company’s visibility. This is especially important for small businesses, but even large corporations need to fight for consumer mindshare. By sticking to a long-term press release distribution strategy, you let customers know who you are, what you do, and why they need you. You also gain the attention of journalists, and over time, they start to trust you more and give you more media coverage.
4. Press releases can establish you as an industry expert. Why is it important to be seen as an expert? First, expertise helps you gain the trust of your customers. Once they trust you, they’re likelier to buy from you. But being an expert is also good for media relations. Whenever the media needs someone to comment on a story related to your industry, you want to be the one they call on.
5. Good press releases can spread far and wide. A while back, I talked about the importance of targeting smaller local media outlets. One of the reasons I gave is that most major media outlets get a significant percentage of their stories from local media outlets throughout the world. That’s how the news industry works. One reporter picks up a story, and then it spreads from one publication to the next.
6. Use your news to get more customers. With today’s online press releases, the media is no longer the only audience you’re writing for. 80 million people get their news online every day. Many of these people are your customers. So, you need to keep your buyers in mind when writing your press releases. And no, that doesn’t mean turning your press release into an advertisement.
7. Investors keep up with the news too. Press releases highlighting the successes and advancements made by your company can be powerful tools for attracting investors. Make sure to set up an online news roomon your website for investors to browse through.
What are some other benefits you’ve experienced with press release distribution? Share your stories by leaving a comment.